Anthony de Verteuil papers
Scope and Contents
The papers contain poems by Sylvester Devenish; short stories by Léon de Gannes; and music by I. Umilta McShine. The materials were accumulated by Fr de Verteuil while doing research for three of his biographies: Léon de Gannes : Trinidad's Raconteur, The McShines of Trinidad, and Sylvester Devenish: Trinidad's Poet.
- 1866 - 1983
Biographical / Historical
Father Anthony de Verteuil was born on May 7, 1932. He received a BA. in English and History from the University College, Dublin Ireland and was ordained as a Roman Catholic priest in 1962. He taught at St. Mary's College Trinidad and Tobago from 1963-1992. He is an avid researcher and author of many works on the history of Trinidad and Tobago. He received the Trinidad and Tobago national award, Humming Bird medal (Gold) in 1993 and an Honorary LLD degree from the University of the West Indies in 2004.
1 Linear Feet
Arranged by title of biographical work.
Immediate Source of Acquisition
The materials were donated to The Alma Jordan Library in 2009.
- de Verteuil, Anthony. Léon de Gannes : Trinidad's Raconteur. Port of Spain: Anthony de Verteuil, 2008.
- de Verteuil, Anthony. The McShines of Trinidad. Port of Spain: Litho Press, 2006.
- de Verteuil, Anthony. Sylvester Devenish: Trinidad's Poet. Port of Spain: Litho Press, 2007.
- Anthony de Verteuil papers
- de Verteuil, Anthony papers
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard