Showing Collections: 1 - 5 of 5
The letters, though relatively few in number, shed light on a wide range of issues. Among the most interesting are letters that make reference to the short-lived Federation of the West Indies. Among the papers is a site plan of the Government Offices and proposed Legislative Council for the island of Dominica, dated August 1961.
The collection includes a miscellany of information: programmes of university ceremonies; newspaper clippings; pamphlets on chemicals and the aluminium industry; speeches by Huggins; and pamphlets relating to The University of the West Indies.
The collection which contains correspondence, documents, manuscripts and photographs, highlights various aspects of his career as a diplomat and public servant to Trinidad and Tobago. Dr. O'Neil Lewis took the opportunity to comment on many aspects of Trinidad and Tobago society inclusive of the constitution. Manuscripts for many of these are available in the papers.
The collection contains correspondence, pamphlets and minutes relating to the Pharmaceutical Society of Trinidad and Tobago and the Civil Service Association. It also includes newspaper clippings on a variety of subjects and newspaper articles from the 1940s and 1950s by two prominent Anglican clergymen, Canons M. E. Farquhar and John Dennis Ramkeesoon.
- Subject: West Indies (Federation) X
- West Indies (Federation) 3
- West Indies (Federation) 2
- Aluminium industry and trade 1
- Children -- Trinidad and Tobago. 1
- Civil service -- Trinidad and Tobago. 1
- Community education -- Trinidad and Tobago. 1
- Dominica 1
- Dominican Republic 1
- Pharmaceutical industry -- Trinidad and Tobago. 1
- Religion -- Trinidad and Tobago. 1
- Social service -- Trinidad and Tobago. 1
- Social service -- West Indies. 1
- Steel bands (Music) -- Social aspects 1
- Trinidad and Tobago -- History -- 1962 1
- Trinidad and Tobago -- Politics and government 1
- Veterans -- Trinidad and Tobago. 1
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Veterans -- Trinidad and Tobago. 1 + ∧ less